The only nationwide liability program that makes coverage available immediately for qualified rescue groups!
Today’s society is increasingly litigious and small businesses including nonprofits are well aware that even a small misstep can lead to a large lawsuit. General Liability will protect the assets and mission of your rescue group for claims even if they are caused by your company’s negligence.
A typical general liability policy will provide the following protection should a claim be brought against your firm:
- Property Damage Damage to property that you are legally liable for (including rented property).
- Bodily Injury Injuries to persons for which you are legally liable.
- Medical Payments Bodily injury that occurs during the course of your business operations.
- Defense Costs Suits against your company regardless of fault.
- Personal & Advertising Injury Claims of slander and libel that are not part of your professional services.
Each purchaser of our GL product gets their own 12 month term and their own $1mm/$2mm limit on the GL for the low cost of $750 plus fees and tax.
Directors and Officers Insurance
Non Profit Boards can be sued by donors, employees, volunteers, the general public, third parties, clients and even the government agencies that help support their mission. Directors and Officers Insurance, typically referred to as D&O, provides financial protection for the members of your board, as well as your employees, volunteers, and the 501c3 entity itself.
Board members can be held personally libel for acts of the 501c3 and therefore many directors are wise to insist that a D&O policy be purchased to protect their personal assets.
Directors of Nonprofit Boards face the same fiduciary duties as that of a corporate Board and therefore can be involved in a variety of issues, such as:
- Duty of Care-requires Officers to act prudently and reasonably in regards to management
- Duty of Loyalty-directors are prohibited from using their position to further their own interests
- Duty of Obedience- requires Directors to ensure the organization is run in accordance with By Laws
- Employment Issues- harassment claims, termination issues
A D&O policy will protect your organization and its Board members from a variety of law suits. Defending even one claim can bring down a nonprofits financial stability. Remember, if you’re nonprofit does not carry D&O Insurance the personal assets of each board member may be at risk.
Visit our FAQ for more information about D&O insurance.